Saturday 7 June 2014

Banking Shoes

I made $50 an hour today. Well it was for one hour but still if you could make $50 an hour would you? 
Anyone can really. It was simple, I took the RBC challenge. 
RBC bank issued a challenge this month for customers of other banks to bring in a copy of this bank statement and they would compare it to their bank accounts. They offered a $50 visa gift card (while supplies last) to the customers who came in. No sign up required.
Now normally I would never have paid attention to something like this. I am way too busy and frankly changing banks is a pain in the butt. But the more I thought about it the more it made sense. We go for annual check ups and visit the dentist and eye doctor annually. Why do we not treat our financial health in the same manner?
Think about it, what do you have to lose? I could walk out of RBC with the knowledge that switching banks could save me money every month and/or offer me more features or I walk out confident that my current bank is truly meeting my needs and is offering me a good price for services.
Are your banking needs now the same as they were 5,10 or 20 years ago? Do you send emails transfers now and does your bank include them in your service fees or are you charged extra? I send about 5 a month and I was getting charged $1 each time as a fee. If I had a plan that gives me free email transfers I would be pocketing that money.
So take the challenge to any bank really. Sit down and see what your options are and then call your own banking representative to see what they will offer you if you are thinking of moving your loyal business elsewhere. Then make a decision that truly suits your needs and if you get $50 out of it then it's a bonus! I have new financial info and after a trip to the mall with my gift card I will have a new pair of shoes. Maybe dark blue ones in honour of RBC. 

1 comment: