Monday 7 July 2014

Scrapbook on canvas

Are you a scrapbooker? Have great intentions on being one when you find 25 hours in a day?
Start small. This is a great project that you can display right away and revel in the compliments that come your way.
I love this project, it is pretty much a scrapbook page but it is done on a square framed canvas instead.
This particular one was done using products from a home vendor company called Close To My Heart.
The jewels, frames and canvas shapes are all stickers and the banner was stamped with letters before sticking them on.
I wrapped the photo in twine as per the sample on the Close to my Heart website but this is a trick I have used many times in scrapbooking. What looks like a boring piece of string brings a new level of dimension to your cards, scrapbooking or paper craft.
The pattern on my canvas was bought that way but if you cannot find this a plan white canvas will work, if you want the pattern you could use a rolling stamp, similar to those sold by Stampin Up. Another option is to use spray adhesive to wrap the canvas in a piece of fabric.  If you have enough embellishments a white canvas is fine and will keep it simple.
These are a few of my favourite photos in this design and being able to hand it up for everyone to see!
See related products and samples at:
http://www.closetomyheart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment