Sunday 3 August 2014

Take a Hike

View of the "Narrows" mid hike.
The weirdest thing happened to me recently. I decided I liked hiking. 

Someone mentioned hiking once and my husband laughed and said "Jennifer, hiking? Ha!"

But I do! Now don't get me wrong I still hate running, not a fan of walking either. 

But there is something about hiking that gets me. I love that we have amazing trials here in town. I love to walk the East Coast Trail around Signal Hill.

There is just something about the wind blowing at you back when you walk near the cliffs. I find it amazing how your feet somehow seem to already have a plan in place when navigating over the rocks, like I don't need to think about the next step. 

It is a great way to get fit and enjoy the area. If you are lucky enough to live in St. John's Newfoundland here are a few great trails listed on the East Coast Trails website, they list distance, directions, time needed and trail difficulty. 

http://eastcoasttrail.ca/trail/trail_detail.php

The North Head Trail is my favourite. It starts at the Signal Hill parking lot descends a heck of a lot of stairs and follows the trail around North Head and out to the Lower Battery. It is 1.7 kms and descends nearly 500 feet!!

If you don't live here a simply computer search will show you hiking trails in your area. 

Now you have the info so what are you waiting for?

Now take a hike!


No comments:

Post a Comment